Saturday, 1 October 2016

DT Card for Crafting with Dragonflies # 67 : Pinktober (Breast Cancer Month)


Hi everyone, over at Crafting with Dragonflies, a challenge blog I run, we have a very important challenge that means a lot to me personally.
 I wouldn't say we are celebrating Pinktober, which is Breast Cancer awareness month. But certainly making people aware. Sadly though we all know someone don't we?

I had Breast Cancer in 2004/2005 and survived. Sadly the cancer returned two years ago in places I don't want to talk about, and few other medical conditions. I am keeping on keeping on and I have faith I will get through this as well. 
I will not give up.
For me my faith and my family have been my rock.
The medication and treatment I am receiving is holding it at bay...
So I am very blessed indeed, and I am able to live my life as normal as it can be for me.
Please do your part, donate to your local cancer group, get involved, let all the women in your life know about the dangers, check your precious boobs weekly, get a mammogram and an ultrasound. Stay on top of it. Prevention is better than the cure...believe me.

So here is my card, and  I hope to see you in the challenge. Blessings Hilde



I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

Cut it up : Pink or Breast cancer awareness
Alphabet Challenge : P for Pretty in Pink
The Crafty Addict : Anything goes/use pattern paper
Sunny Day Crafting : Anything goes
Craftyhazelnut' s pattern paper : October/Anything goes with pattern paper

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for my Patterned Paper October challenge. I hate what cancer is doing and has done to so many and pray that yours will continue to be held at bay enough for you to have a reasonable quality of life - sending you hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! Beautiful butterflies and paper! Sorry you are dealing with cancer, it is such an awful thing. Thank you for linking up at Sunny Day Crafting! ~DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sunny Day Crafting.
    ~DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at The Crafty Addicts - good luck. Sorry to hear about your cancer it is a nasty disease keep fighting.
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card love and your card design and bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the layering on this gorgeous card, and the beautiful pearls down the center of the butterfly.

    Your positive attitude will help you in your fight against that cancer. Sending good vibes your way.

    Thanks for joining us for our Pink or BCA challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, wishing you healthy days ahead. Thanks for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete