Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Elegant Gatefold card with hat and flowers for challenges

Hi all, hope you are all well and have been enjoying the week. I bought this image from Craftsuprint, and hardly used it as it is meant to..but was rummaging around all my stuff and thought it would make the perfect card topper, doesn't always have to be hand coloured....now I know some would shake their head at that thought, and some of you would agree, lol...
I had these papers and used the kraft card for the base, and added a bit of interest on the left flap , using the MS butterfly border punch. The flowers and everything else is from my stash, and I added lots of glitz, even though you can't really see it....the flowers on the left are meant to hold the card flap.
I think I will leave it sentiment free so it can be used for anything..
including Mothers Day...
Blessings Hilde

I am entering this card into the following challenges;

Crafting by Designs - May : Anything goes
Blessings Ink: Mothers
IDIC # 210: Mothers Day
 Order of the Opus Gluei # 182: Flowers for All
Unstampables # 35:  for a Special Person
Artistic Inspiration # 90: All for Mum/Anything goes
The Pink Elephant # 249: Mothers Day
Eureka # 88: Mothers Day Flowers






13 comments:

  1. Hilde, thank you - it's gorgeous! Love the colours and the way the flowers fit on the flap. Thanks for sharing this with us at Unstampabelles for our current Special Person challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Hilde - love the colour combinations. Gee you have been busy. Enjoyed looking at your 'today' uploads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I can think of a million different uses for this card, and am sure anyone who is lucky enough to receive it will cherish it! Thanks for being a part of our Opus Gluei challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous, feminine card. I love the color palette! Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thank you for taking part in Unstampabelles May challenge to make a card for a 'Special' person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful design. Thank you for joining in with us on UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card and so creative. Thanks for joining us this week for our "Mother's Day Flowers Challenge." Come back to join us again and good luck.
    Karal Eureka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card Hilde. I love the colour combo you've used and the fold.......especially how you've done the flap holder. Very very pretty. Hugs Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card! I love this unique fold...thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant this week xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card. I'm so into hats at the moment! Thanks for joining us at the Artistic Inspiration Challenge. Suz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful and what a great fold for it too! I really like the image and how you mounted your flowers on the die cut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I already knew I'd like your card creation just from your blog name, that's cute! Then I saw this and went WOW - it's so pretty! Love the image, and I"m not a purist, I say go where and how your muse directs you. The color, the little extra embellishment of the flowers really work well and make for a stunning card. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Opus Gluei, I hope we get you back over for future challenges, would like to see where your muse takes you next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hilde - Congrats for your win at our Unstampabelles! This card is one of the most gorgeous cards I've seen...it has every single one of my most favourite colors too!!!! Happy Day for you. best, Samara DT USB xox

    ReplyDelete