Wednesday, 30 October 2013

Crafting with Dragonflies # 14: Make your own Flowers

 Card 1: Embossed card stock using Tim Holtz Pointsettia die

Card 2: Handfolded whatever it's called, with cheery lynn die


Hi all, well it's Crafting with Dragonflies again, this fortnight we are asking you to
 make your own flower embellishment....
it could be on a card or anything or just on it;s own...up to you...
I bought this Tim Holtz Pointsettia die ages ago, and never really got around to play with it...so coming closer to Christmas I thought, perfect for this challenge, I was going to make one of those roly roses you make by cutting a spiral, got it all ready, just about to put some glue on it, glue is gone...by the time I found it the rose uncurled and went everywhere, so tried 2 more times, same thing...................deep breath...then I remembered I had this die.....believe it or not, I had not even used it before now, hanging my head.........
 I dry embossed the white card stock after I cut out the die, sprayed liberally with all sorts of glimmermists, and added silvery ribbon, and used liquid pearls. I will definately do a few more Christmas cards like this, as I really like how it turned out..

Then I played around some more , even though I aslo have the Tim Holtz die for this type of flowerette, I handfolded this one....it nearly ended up in the bin, do you think that think would stop from opening up all the time....? no .....of course not...
but I finally tamed it, and it was worth it...poking out from behind is a die from Cheery Lynn...

Hope you like them, because I couldn't settle of which one to pick, you got both.....
  go and check out what the Dragonfly girls came up with, blessings Hilde

I am also entering these cards into the following challenges:
Card 1 White Pointsettia:
Created with Love # 64: anything goes
Crafting when we can # 56: Make your own flowers
Blessings Ink: Anything goes
 Aud Sentiments # 92: Christmas Sentiment
 Creative Friday# 88: Christmas




Card 2: Just for you:
Challenges 4 Everbody # 32: Anything goes
Lexi's# 102: Birthday Celebration
Crafty Girls # 4: Anything goes
Sister Act # 30: Anything goes

18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Poinsettia! Thanks for joining us this week at Created With Love Challenges for our ANYTHING GOES Challenge!
    DawnD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poinsettia but I really like them both. Beautiful work - and yes,I know what you mean by the unfolding etc. I used a glue dot to hold the rolled roses and then add some glue from a glue gun later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the texture on your Poinsettia, glad you dug out that die! Especially like the liquid pearls as the center, you officially have me convinced I need to use them more (and buy some more, lol). I can't get those rosettes to stay down either, had to use my glue gun and well done on the hand folding, well worth the troubles.
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both too Hilde. I love my poinsettia die and will be seen around at Christmas time. Your card is simply spectacular in white and I am sure it looks so much better in real life. Sometimes our photographs don't show just how nice they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Hilde! I love the WOW with the Poinsettias. So very elegant. I also have a Poinsettia die I could have used, but as I've used it on just about all my christmas cards so far this year, I figured I'd try something else! lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Hilde, I love white poinsettias, they are so pretty, and yours is no exception. Lovely embossing and the touches of bling really add an extra bit of Christmas spakle. Hugs, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your perseverance Hilde. It was well worth it though as it's turned out beautifully. All white does it for me every time but both lovely. Hugs Wynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the white on white flowers and the rosette is really pretty hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the white on white. Amazing card. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both of your cards are beautiful. But if I had to pick on it would be the white one. Love the flower and the all white card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that is a fabulous Rosette! Thanks for joining us at Lexis, good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card love the rosette, Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations.
    Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so very pretty! Love the white on white & gorgeous texture...very nice work! Thank so much for playing along with us @ CWWC & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful white on white card; love the poinsettias! Thank you for playing along with us at Crafting When We Can Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. they are both so gorgeous hilde! but i have to say, the white on white poinsettia card is my favorite!!

    lovies, =o) kel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great white on white card and love the details of the flower. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our Christmas sentiment challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice cards! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are so wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Creative Friday.
    Hugs, Uta

    ReplyDelete