Thursday, 5 April 2012

CAS card with handmade flower for challenges


Hi everyone, it's me again. I have tried to play around with making my own type of flower. I was looking for something that was easy enough, but also a little different to the usual suspects out there. This type of flower seems to work best with double sided papers, but I can't see why one can't ink the other side, if you don't have double sided paper. It takes 8 rectangles folded to come up with this. I cannot find the youtubel video that sparked this, when i find it I will put it on, otherwise will post again and give measurement if anyone is interested.
I used the gorgeous papers from My Minds Eye, it call Lime twist, happy go lucky, gingham ribbon, MS boarderpunch and a jewel brad. The paper and the flower does all the talking.
I am finding it very tricky at the moment to post on blogger, I mean as I am putting in the links I only have one inch of space to write and work on as I am editing my post.blogger wont let me see the whole post.  Is it just me or is anyone else having these issues??
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sugar Creek Hollow#5: Birthday Cards
 Come and get it  : Spring
 The Shabby Tea Room# 108: Homegrown flowers'
The Pink Elephant  #142: CAS
 the crazy challenge  :Spring
Papertake: Anything goes
 Shopping our stash# 46: Punch it out
Anything goes # 64: Anything goes
Flutterby Wednesday # 197: Open

16 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Thanks for the excellent contribution to the discussion........

    Graphic Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful card and your flower is fabulous . Thank you for sharing it with us at anything goes challenge.
    Emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous,love the fab layout.Thanks for sharing with us at Anything Goes.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic creation hun! Thanks playing over at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! I like your layered flower! Very creative
    Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow with your pretty card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome flower on your pretty card! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card!

    Thanks for sharing with Come and Get It! See ya soon!
    Shell~Alaska♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. great CAS card - such pretty background paper! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a very Happy card...at least that was what I thought when i saw it...it made me smile. Thanks so much for taking time to be part of the Come and Get It Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card - super zingy papers - thanks for sharing for the 'punch it out' challenge at Shopping our stash, Hazel, Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, I love that flower! So creative! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    PS: No, blogger is working fine for me. Sorry. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. fun shabby chic kinda of card!
    thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow
    Linda SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a great card, totally spring with the butterflies and the flower. Love it how you've folded it.
    Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutley beautiful thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely colors and the flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us in The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete