Thursday, 22 March 2012

Mothers Day double gatefold card with belli band for challenges





Here I am, hope you all had a great week so far. I thought I would try something a little different, something I hadn't tried before. Go the extra mile. Rina on her blog Scrapbook Faschinista inspired me, love her stuff, no where near as lovely as her gorgeous creations (YET)...I really like this style card but it chews up a fair bit of card stock. It's basically 3 cards in one.
Two square cards overlapping in the center to create a pocket for the large tag and then the band. I really do like the pull out tab, you can use it for journeling or put some pics on it, both sides even.
So it is definitely a card for that special someone.
 I am going to try to make one for a baby and a wedding shortly.
I used papers ( kaisercraft I think ), cardstock and flowers from my stash, the images were freebies from the graphics fairy a while ago, I have had the girl image for a while now.  The butterfly border is a Martha Stewart border punch.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
My Mums Craft Shop# 49 : Let's go digital
Whimsey Stamps # 31: Anything goes
 Paper Pretties# 198: Try a new technique
Creative Insprirations # 155: Anything goes
WishcraftW12: Waste not Wednesday-Use your old stash
Fab n Funky# 113: In honour of MUM
Flutterby Wednesday# 195: Anything goes

5 comments:

  1. This is just beautifully feminine. Love the vintage image and the colours you have used. Great card design as well.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning card. I love all your different elements. This is definitely a card for someone special! Thanks for joining us in honouring Mum at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is lovely! Gorgeous design and love all your details - so pretty! Thanks for playing along with my WNW challenge this week :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning - must try this style myself. Thanks so much for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week, Sheila:)X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, love the image and the layout, marvelous, thanks for joining our use a digi challenge at MMCS, good luck, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete