Friday, 3 June 2011

Dt card for the Alphabet Challenge: E for Easel Cards

Hi all, it's Friday again, and this week over at the Alphabet Challenge it's E for Easel Cards.
When I first saw an Easel Card I was totally in awe (and very intimidated) , and even bought one from ebay ( so I could pull it apart)  it was like a a new wonder for me. You don't want see my first one, but now that I know how to make them, man they are soooo easy. Here is my recipe: just make a normal card whatever size you wish, and just fold the front part in half again. There is your base. Then you just continue from there. There are so many variations out there now,  if you are not sure just go an check out You Tube.
I glued the actual real shells on with Glossy accents. The image was a free digi from a while ago, sorry can't remember from who. I do remember that it was inspired by a photograph.
I added the sun.Something different.
I am also entering this card into the following challenges:

 CRAFT# 105: Wedding/Love
Cute Card Thursday# 167: Embellish it ( my embellies are shells)
Meljens 61: Coastal Fun
Crafters Companion# 13: Here comes Summer
Woodware # 29: Use a forgotten Embellishment ( shells)
Rainbow Lady# 155: Sunrise/Sunset
Paperplaytime # 47: Wedding or Love Theme

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hilde,
    Just Fabulous!!! Love the image, the dp, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the layout and those shells look just Gorgeous. Coloured perfectly as always.
    Hugs Jacqui xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilde, this is a gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat- card. The image and the reflection is great. Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck! Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous easel card, love all the detail.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! I adore easel cards and yours is wonderful!!

    Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime this week. We hope to see you back for the next challenge,
    Cheryl (PPDT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great card, I love the shells. Thanks for joining in at CRAFT challenge. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super easel card, love the shells. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely image and the shells are a perfect embellishment. Thank you for sharing it with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely easel card! Love all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely Easel card and a smashing image. Thanks for joining the CC Monthly Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete