Thursday, 17 February 2011

Challenges:Stamping Sisters, Less is more, totally papercraft

I (tried) to imitate a ribbon. Seeing it;s only ment to be one layer. So I made a line across with a ruler and coloured it. Wont be doing that again!!

No can't do, can't pick. You will have to pick one. Not sure if I hate them both or love them both.
One layer ....indeed. I always thought of myself as a CAS card maker. WRONG!!!! It wasn't until I decided ( what was i thinking??) to enter the CAS challenges and the new blog 'less is more' with the one layer theme that I realised how hard it was. No I take that back, cruel is the word. LOL. I looked up the meaning of a CAS card, white space indeed !!! My brain is telling me to fill it all in, not to leave it......!!! Ahhhh. But I am learning.... After two ( or was it 3?) coffees and going through all (ALL) my stamps, this is all I could come up with.   He , he, loved every agonising minute of it.
Ohhh, nothing hurts more than to be stretched....
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

 Stamping Sisters in Christ# 75 : Keep is Simple/ One Layer
Less is more W2: One layer/ flower or tree
totally papercraft#53 : Clean and simple

13 comments:

  1. Both of these are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,
    It's great to see that you are really thinking about this One Layer business and it takes time to realise what works and what doesn't. You've certainly worked on that this week. Of the two cards I prefer the second, however if you were to do the first one, minus the 'ribbon' and the sentiment I think you would see a a fabulous creation. Just that script, overstamped with that beautiful flower in those lovely colours would be stunning... I'd love you to try it and see what you think.
    Thanks so much for joining us and we'd love to see you again next week!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like bits of both! [Always been awkward]
    The placement of the second is actually a great balanced CAS
    I think if you took out the ribbon you'd be happy with the first. As you will see if you look through the other entrants some have added a ribbon, which is perfectly acceptable, as long as it;s placed in the right place!
    LOVE that you felt you wanted to take part and really hope you do every week
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them both but have to agree with Chrissie and Mandi.I`d love to see the first one without the ribbon. It would be stunning.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are completely gorgeous. Thanks also for your kind words at the weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like both of your cards. It is difficult to leave that uncluttered area, i understand your dilemma. I just did the opposite of what i normally do... Great colours too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the text under the image ...great idea!
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liking them both but agree with everyone else that the ribbon is surplus to requirements on the first one

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kudos to you for giving it a try. I've messed up so many cards that I've lost count! Most of them only see the inside of my trash can! I really like the second card best. I think I know what you were going for on the first card. Don't give up...you'll eventually get what you're trying to do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love these! They are really, really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards - particularly love the first one xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did an awesome job in spite of it being hard!!! I had soooo much trouble and didn't end up anywhere near this good! I love them both but really love the bottom one!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them both! You did an awesome job! I know it was so hard... I really really struggled too!!! I especially love the bottom one!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete