Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Whats on your workdesk Wednesday #81

Here you can see the desk from my side, notice the computer in the front bottom  right. That is my computer. you can see my daughter in the background, in her section up the other end. And yes we have our own computer each. There was no way it was gonna work with homeschooling and me trying to run my business, unless we had a computer each. We tried with one for a while and took turns. I ended up with a few too many grey hairs. It was not worth the strees. This is much more fun. An yes she is finally well enough again to be computering again.LOL

Here is my little box of buttons. I should colour co ordinate them, maybe one day. Truth is I just love a good rumage.....


Here you see my end again from a different angle. It's a lovely bright and airy room. We have been very blessed. This room was originally ment to be the TV room, but we have used it for our work space instead. Works really well, especially with this lovely long table ( 3.20m)We bought it off Ebay for $20.00 and husband and son had to pick it up.....My husband very politely told me NEVER to buy furniture off ebay again.....!!!It came in 3 parts and they had to go through a shopping centre and two flights of stairs and to the back street into the waiting van to move it.
Ahhh yes, but it fits so well!!

Thank You, Thank You,  THANK YOU!!!
To everyone that commented on my blog and my last WOYWW. You are a nice bunch out there.
My daughter, after being dashed to emergency on the sunday with severe pain, then having her Gall bladder taken out (she is only 15) was quiet a shock to all of us. For those of you who are only just catching up, the doctors say its not common but does happen after severe weight loss or weight gain. Well my daughter lost 25 kg ( on purpose) she was a getting a bit chubby. We were watching how she was doing it, excercising and low fat, high protein, low carbs. ( Well she cut out the carbs altogether). She started in February this year and by August had lost the 25kgs she wanted to loose.
But just recently started to feel unwell and constantly tired, big dark rings under her eyes. Well we now know why. The blood results showed she had something wrong with the liver, unltrasound showed the culprit. One thing led to another and there we have it. She had Key hole surgery, and another related op two days later. She took a turn for the worse two days ago. But is now up and about and even went on a short shopping stint with me today.
Hallelujah. We are all good again. When the girl can go shopping we know things are improving.
So thanks again to everyone that has commented. It ment a great deal to me.
A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all, and especially good Health
Blessings Hilde

7 comments:

  1. So pleased she came through the op ok.I have to say when i had my op same as hers the pain afterwards whihc they dont tell you about was the nerve in my shoulder.The pain was Wow and due to them pumping air into the abdomin some getsa under diapragm and hit a nerve.She must be feeling better as that word "SHOPPING" does seem to make them feel better and recover bit quicker.
    Have a very "Merry Christmas & Happy ,Healthy,Crafty New Year"
    Hugs judex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! What a scare that must have been! Praise God she is whole and healthy again! I love your big desk- it's worth all the trouble I think! It's wonderful to have your daughter near you while she is on the computer so you can keep a watch over her surfing too!
    Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your daughter is on the right side of her op now. Hope she is soon fully recovered.
    What a fab work room you have and how nice to be able to share it like you do.
    Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased your daughter is recovering well after being so ill.
    Great desk there to craft on! Happy WOYWW Christmas, and hope you all stay well for 2011
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your dedicated areas, a computer each is the only way! There's no way my hubby and I could share a machine!
    I'm so glad that your daughter is now well again, that's a whole lot of weight she lost... it must have taken great determination!!
    I wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new furniture! My DH hates all the stuff I bring home. Only because he has to use his power tools to assemble it all...lol.

    Thanks so much for the peek and sharing, hope your daughter is well on her way to recovery. Happy Holidays and creative crafting in the New Year.

    Hugs, Marjo #5

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Firstly congratulations to your daughter for getting to the weight she wanted to and with the help and support of you all. But ouchy - you don't expect that as a result :( Glad she is on the mend now.

    Love your desk, what a bargain!

    Merry Christmas!

    Carmen #80

    ReplyDelete