Friday, 3 December 2010

Stamping Ground: Whats on your workdesk Wednesday Week 77


Hi everyone, two different angles on my stamp-pad holder/shelf/thingy, you can see I am packed to the rafters, hopefully over time you will see some improvement....ahem.I am planning on doing a 'big' clean up and clean out. Then again I have been threatening to do that for the last two years, LOL. At least I know where everything is ( most of the time). Hope you like it, so over the next couple of months....watch this space....
The box on the left was my attempt to make a ribbon holder. I melted holes all over the box including the lid , then put my rolls of ribbon layer upon layer and you poke the end through the hole. I did have it colour co ordinated at one stage. But in the end I found my new ribbon storage much easier to use, it was worth the investment. Sometimes I try to do things on the cheap and put up with it, but it doesn't always work out. My new ribbon storage is made from mdf and has little sticks that I can slide the rolls onto. I ended buying two of these. Works a treat. You can just see it in the corner.
Have a fun week everyone, blessings Hilde.

7 comments:

  1. I am endlessly fighting with my ribbons - they only stay tidy if you never touch them!!!
    Wishing you energy to have that clear-out - go on!
    sasa 7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new ribbon holder, it looks good too!

    Hugs
    Maarit (104)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous craftty space you have I love all your ribons on show like that, so you can see just what you hae, mine are (well mostly!) al in jars, but I do have a few on a pole (somewhere!)
    Happy WOYWW Sorry I'm late!
    ((Lyn)) #46
    Freebie Snowman this week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't use ribbons very oftn so the few I have are just jumbled in a box

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great craft space love the ribbons - I have mine in a drawer and odd bits of ribbon are in a box

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice workspace!

    I totally stopped fighting ribbon!

    Gave up trying to display my ribbon. Now when I get ribbon, while I'm watching tv or DVD movie, I cut it into 6" or 8" strips. Then I sort it into one of three baggies: warm colors, cool, colors, or neutrals (gold, white, black, brown, silver). The 3 baggies are then stored in a big Rubbermaid tub. I grab a baggie when I need ribbon...This works for me because I travel a lot to scrapbooking events, retreats and long weekends...

    Would love for you to stop by my blog, when you have a moment or 2.

    Peace,
    LuLu
    www.lulu-too-beaucoup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another week seems to have around so quickly. You certainly have got a busy desk with lots and lots of things on it to play with. Thanks for sharing your workspace. Best wishes, Kym xxx (WOYWW No 40)

    ReplyDelete