Sunday, 10 October 2010

Smocked dresses for my Grand-daughter

Hi friends,




If you've been reading my blog ramblings, then you would read that I have just recently started smocking again. I attended some smocking classes when my daughter was a baby (my stress release). Unfortunately by the time she was 9 she really didn't want to wear any more smocked dresses and was very much into pants and vests, all the horseriding stuff. As she would tell me that it is unpracticle to ride a horse with a smocked dress.....pity, sigh.!!! So I gave up on sewing alltogether for a while. Other than straight sewing for table cloths and curtain for the church and home, that was it. Now my beautiful daughter is 15 and has shown an interest , if only slight, in learning how to sew a pillow case. OMG. Then to top it off, my darling daughter in-law asked if I would make a dedication dress for my grand-daughter who is 8months old now. OOoooooohhhh! I completely forgot how to do anything related to smocking so had to check out youtube and then couldn't find my smocking box, and then didn't have any patterns.......So now fully stocked once again with embroidery floss in every colour, found my smocking thingy, and newly equipped with stacks of the Australian Smocking Magazines, I made just a few little dresses to see how I would go.... So here they are. Love to hear what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment