Thursday, 30 September 2010

Happy Birthday Card for a Guy

Hi again! Hope you are having a fun day. Well this is still another card from my "Blackout" Day from Fathersday. This is a collage stamp and I can't remember who from. If you know this stamp please let me know so I can credit the stamp. I love this image it's very useful and can be used for the male population out there with ease. It is always harder for some reason to make a nice card for a guy that doesn't involve sport or a tie, he he. I used pro-markers to colour over the background. I did it in two tones over the top of each other, my attempt to do some shading. I think from memory I used Sandstone and Pear Green.
I matted the stamp on a matching colour lime green mini corrugate and then onto black. I did use the markers to 'ink' the edges first. I find using the markers so easy. It is less messy than inkpads or daubers and takes half the time. The pro markers are double ended. One end has a larger angle tip with which you can colour in large areas. I use that side to 'ink' my edges. Easy Peasy. I finished it off with 3 emerald green stick on jewels. The Happy Birthday is printed off my computer and raised with foam stickers. Again I coloured in all of the card after I printed the Happy Birthday and again 'inked' the edges with Moss Green.
This Card can be used for Male of Female, young or old. Just to give it a little sparkle( I love the bling, look at my Blog name, can;t help it) I topped it off with a littel sparkly gold on the dragonfly and the plinth.
Happy cardmaking. Oh yeah, this is a c6 size card, or an A5 folded, finished the card is 10.5cm x 15cm.
In general most of my cards are this size. I find it easy to match envelopes and send and make them on mass in this size. I do make other sizes and make my own envelopes but this is the best size to make if you have to make a lot . Also so easy because this fits a standard size envelope. If you are in a hurry, this is the best.(I find anyway) Happy Card Making.

No comments:

Post a Comment